Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blog #12

"I have had more calls for my music than I could possibly supply."-  Chapter LIV: My Literary Occupation
There were many sentences throughout this reading that could've been picked out as important; ranging from sad to happy. I picked this positive one because it shows the strength of a woman in the 1800's. This story was very intriguing to me because I had never learned of Hawaii having this monarchy. It's very neat to read about a young woman who talks about not being welcomed by her in laws and various struggles she had. However, she was still able to be a great family member, queen, writer, and singer. Prior to this sentence she is talking about the demand she had to be at different social events all over the world and then it goes on to talk about how highly demanded her music is. This is just very intriguing to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home